Sunday, April 03, 2005

Quality time

Once in a while, I have to be reminded about quality time.

It's easy to get caught up in the pursuit of a goal and almost be consumed by it. Focus is good. Eliminating distractions is good. Letting it come before family & God - not good!

I do enjoy quality time. It leads to doing fun, dumb stuff. It leads to meaningful conversation. However, it is not my primary love language - it's my husband's. Mine is words of afirmation & physical touch. Which I think is pretty easy, myself! Tell me you love me and give me a hug. How hard is that? Well, probably about as hard as scheduling quality time together.

I'm working on it, though!

One of the by-products of quality activities is that they provide a memory bank from which to draw in the years ahead. - Gary Chapman, "The Five Love Languages"

No comments: