Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Delightful Phone Call!

One of my dear author friends is Jocelyn Anderson. She and I have corresponded back and forth for over a year now, sharing stories, doing web features for one another... We had even hoped to meet last fall when I was on my Fall Southern Tour, but her duties as a speaker/author prevented that from happening.

However, we got to converse on the phone for the first time yesterday morning! Jocelyn's book "Woman Submit!" is about domestic violence, but you would never know the trauma & struggles of her life if you met or spoke with her. She is so full of spirit and life! I delighted in hearing her energy as it oozed through the phone line...

My author & speaker friend, Darlene Wofford, is the same way. Amazing that despite horrible occurrences in their lives, they were able to overcome and now give so freely of their spirit.

Thanks for the morning spunk, Jocelyn!

Jocelyn's book can be found here at Hungry Heart Ministries -
http://hungryheartsministries.com/id16.html

2 comments:

Jocelyn Andersen said...

Diane, Can you believe I just saw this after almost a year? We are having a sad time in our family right now as we just lost our father 5 days ago, and reading your kind words helped to brighten my morning. By the way, I haven't had a chance to tell you how much I enjoyed reading "Overcoming Obstacles..." ~~jocelyn

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Jocelyn, I am so sorry! My prayers go out to your family.
And I am so happy you enjoyed the book!