Friday, June 19, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

"Not much of a cheese shop ,is it?"
"Finest in the district, Sir."
"And what leads you to that conclusion?"
"Well, it's so clean!"
"Well, it's certainly uncontaminated by cheese..."

Lots of good stuff happening in our happy little world of books this week...

How to keep up with the publishing industry: Walt Shiel

More books printed POD/digital than thru traditional offset last year! Southern Review of Books

Fixing the Publishing Industry is no Mystery – at Jean Henry Mead’s site- Advice From Editors

20 Simple Ways To Get Massive Traffic To Your Web Site – article by master book promoter, Penny Sansevieri: ISnare

Hagelrat’s site features a vampire book for men – “The Strain” Unbound

And will you look at that – The Circle of Friends Book I…Lori (normally $20.95) is only $14.25… Amazon
Go figure!


*** Weekly Movie Review ***


Still hiding at home, but we watched another NetFlix!
The Transporter III
Give a good solid B! If you're into over the top action flicks, can't go wrong with this Jason Statham vehicle.


And now for a moment of total DORKNESS!


Spunky thought he could fit through the cracker box:



Not happening there, Dork!Yes, we did have to pull him free...

We have such weird pets!

8 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I love the last photo. He has such a 'why me' look on his face. Thanks for the links. I always find Penny's articles helpful and this was one I had not read before.

JaneKennedySutton </a

Anonymous said...

Awww - SOOO cute. :) I bookmarked that 20 ways to build traffic site - looks great - thanks!

The Old Silly From Free Spirit Blog

Jenners said...

Spunky reminds me of my cat Joe!! They have the same face ... and apparently the same personality!

And I love the Monty Python tribute at the top!!!

And the links were great too.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Penny's article really covered it all.

Jenners, I hope your Joel is not quite THAT dorky!
And when I first came up with the title for my Friday post, I knew I had to include a quote. Monty Python rocks!

Helen Ginger said...

Look at those eyes! Now that is a face anyone and everyone could love.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Allyn Evans said...

Love the cat pics! Too funny. :)

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Love your carnivals. But loved the quote, too. Is it yours? Very amusing!


Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Blogging at Writer's Digest 101 Best Website picks, www.sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com

Mayra Calvani said...

Lovely photos! Thanks for the great, informative links.