Monday, March 14, 2016

SEO & CDO and Under a Purple Moon

Today I am posting at The Insecure Writer’s Support Group - Why SEO & CDO are Important to a Writer.

I want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement on my IWSG post! Letting the online blogging community know that I own Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C. and her imprint, Freedom Fox Press, was a big step. But I’ve worked very hard the past eight years building the company up and bringing on new authors. There are still things a traditional publisher can do for its authors that they can’t do on their own, and with the changes in publishing over the past few years, I’m proud I can offer unique options to writers through DLP and her imprint.

Which leads me to this announcement - the latest book from Freedom Fox Press comes out Tuesday, March 15! And it's a wonderful and moving story - I fell in love with it at once.

Under a Purple Moon

No Love in the Garden of Eden...

Eden Rose has learned to deal with her mother’s criticism that she can do nothing right. What she can’t deal with are the arguments between her parents. To escape their angry words, she finds refuge in an old abandoned house. She always returns home, hoping her mother will love her one day, even though Eden’s not sure what the word love means.

Three other teens with problems also hang out at the Old House. Meeting Murphy, Toby, and Josh changes Eden’s world, and she begins to have faith in herself. Perhaps she can do something right, after all.

Thanks to the boys, she begins to understand the meaning of love. But will it be enough to save her broken home life?

Release date - March 15, 2016
$17.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 270 pages
Freedom Fox Press - Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.
Fiction/Young Adult - General (JUV000000) / Girls & Women (JUV014000)
Print ISBN 9781939844132 eBook ISBN 9781939844149
$4.99 EBook available in all formats

“Be forewarned, you will not be able to put this book down! Beverly Stowe McClure gets into the mental psyche of teenagers with deep clarity and conviction the reader will feel the emotions of each character to their core.”
- Donna McDine, multi-award winning author of stories for children

“Another sweet and introspective read from author Beverly Stowe McClure! This would be a great addition to any school or home library.”
- Darby Karchut, award-winning author

Available at:
Print - Amazon / Barnes & Noble / BAM
Ebook - Nook / Kobo / Kindle / ITunes / Amazon UK

Most of the time, you’ll find Beverly Stowe McClure at her computer, typing stories little voices whisper in her ears. When she’s not writing, she’s snapping pictures of wildlife, flowers and clouds. She’s sometimes known as the “Bug Lady.” She’s not telling why.

Beverly’s sites - Blog - The Story of a Writer / Facebook / Website / Goodreads / Twitter / Google+

Congratulations, Beverly!


Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C. and her imprint, Freedom Fox Press, are both open for submissions - who’s next?

28 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to Beverly on her book! Hoping for great things for your publishing company too. Building a company, especially in this crazy publishing world, must be challenging and exciting with all the changes going on.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to Beverly!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sounds like a great book. Congrats to Beverly.

Bish Denham said...

I love a story of misfits helping each other to be strong!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congrats to Beverly. Love the cover and title of her book. Will add it to my TBR list

cleemckenzie said...

Congrats to you both! You for building your company into something you can be proud of and to Beverly for her newest book.

H. R. Sinclair said...

Congratulations Beverly, it's sounds like an emotional ride.

Sherry Ellis said...

That sounds like a wonderful book! A big congratulations to Beverly!

Chrys Fey said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Beverly!

I love that she's an author for your imprint, Diane.

Chrys Fey said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Beverly!

I love that she's an author for your imprint, Diane.

Sarah Foster said...

Congrats to Beverly! Sounds like an interesting read!

Karen Lange said...

Glad you shared the news with us! It's nice to know what friendly face is behind that publisher's logo. It's also nice because we trust you. :)

Congrats to Beverly! Wishing her much success.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Beverly. I believe I have the book on pre-order. I can't wait to read it.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

The books sounds wonderful. You don't see the name Eden too often. My friend Eden Robinson was a Booker Prize nominee a few years ago for her novel Monkey Beach. She's the only Eden I know until now.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Beverly!

emaginette said...

I bet this will be a great read. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, Beverly! The cover is entrancing. I really like it.

Thank you, Spunk. Be well.

shelly said...

Congrats to Beverly!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I didn't know about your ownership. Congratulations and all the best to you as it grows! And same to Beverly! She's just wonderful.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

What a fascinating premise. I wish only the highest sales, Beverly!

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats to Beverly! I love that cover! Then again, purple is my favorite color. :)

kimlajevardi.com said...

Congratulation to Beverly!

Nicola said...

So pleased all is going well. It must be wonderful to discover such talented writers. Congrats to Beverly and to you and all at Freedom Fox Press!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best of luck Beverly!!

Cascia Talbert said...

Congratulations, Beverly! That sounds like an interesting read.

J.H. Moncrieff said...

Congrats to Beverly! I wish you both many sales.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Thank you, thank all you wonderful people, friends, and writers. I'm late to the party, but want to say how much I appreciate Diane's faith in my story. She's been with me every step of the way, through edits and all of the things that produce a book. I couldn't have done it without her. And the cover is just right.

Thank you, Diane.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Thank you, thank all of you friends, and writers, and new acquaintances. I'm late to the party, but I want to say how wonderful Diane is. I could not have done it without her. From edits to comments and all the other things that go into producing a book, she had expert advice. And the cover is perfect.

Thank you, Diane, for your patience and confidence in the book.